Monday, January 14, 2013

The Decision

I see groupons and deals all the time filling up my inbox and while I used to consider myself somewhat of a groupon whore, I've certainly eased up and now only buy with caution. It's the beginning of 2013 and like any good American I vowed to get in shape. But I didn't just vow to get in shape, I vowed to get in the best shape of my life. Coincidentally, shortly after making this resolution a deal showed up in my email for an 8 week transformation boot camp (what? a boot camp deal right after the new year? shocking!) and I fell hook, line and sinker.

Truth is, I've always been intimidated by the thought of a boot camp, but after a little consideration (and a push on Facebook from some friends who have done it) I decided to just go for it. Two of my other resolutions were to 1) make it a very uncomfortable year (you know, the whole growing and expanding thing...all of the magic in life happens when you're outside of your comfort zone) and 2) do everything LIKE A BAWSS! So, I really couldn't say no to this.

The boot camp meets 3 times a week and they have contracted with a local yoga studio for once a week classes. I wish I could say that working out 4 times a week doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but quite frankly, it is. I've been a total dud for the last few months, but am excited for the positive change - in my body and my mind - that this experience will bring.

Boot camp officially starts next week!

LET'S DO THIS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Working out 4 times a week IS a big deal! Especially with something like Boot Camp. I can never seem to get over the 3X a week hump. I was so sore after my first training session that I couldn't even think of working out for the two days after that. To work out 4X a week, you have to do two days in a row, and that's just hard for me. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete